L&S Committee on Academic Staff Issues (CASI) Professional Development and Recognition Committee (PDRC)
This document contains information about the L&S Professional Development and Recognition Committee (PDRC), including a list of responsibilities and current members.
L&S Professional Development and Recognition Committee
The L&S PDRC is comprised of L&S academic staff appointed by the L&S Dean. It has the following responsibilities:
- Promote opportunities for L&S academic staff professional development and recognition within the College, campus, and UW-System
- Review and rank L&S Academic Staff Award nominations (See L&S Committee on Academic Staff Issues (CASI) Awards & Grants)
- Review and rank professional development grant proposals
The committee’s purpose is to provide advice and staff support to the L&S Dean in matters related to academic staff professional development and awards. In this regard, the committee has two main activities each year. One is to review L&S academic staff professional development grant proposals and provide recommended rankings to the L&S Dean. The other is to oversee L&S academic staff excellence awards, review nominations, and provide recommendations to the L&S Dean.
The committee generally consists of nine members of the L&S academic staff. Committee members are appointed by the L&S Dean and serve three-year terms. Each year two members rotate off and two new members are appointed. The committee has a chair or two co-chairs selected by committee members annually.
Current Membership (2021-22)
- Rachel Bain, Senior Instructional Technology Specialist, Chemistry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chad Seys, System Engineer III, Physics (email@example.com)
- Michelle Harris, Distinguished Teaching Faculty Associate, BioCore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nazan Gillie, Instructional Administrator Lecturer, I-Bio (email@example.com)
- Jim Lacy, Associate State Cartographer, State Cartographer's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Jedd, Teaching Faculty III, Communication Arts (email@example.com)
- Nancy Kujak-Ford, Director of Strategic Initiatives & Operations, SuccessWorks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tracey Reitz, Learning Center Specialist, Chemistry (email@example.com)
If you are interested in becoming a member, please email the Chair of the committee, or any committee member. New members are chosen in the spring of the year.