L&S Committee on Academic Staff Issues (CASI)
This document contains information related to the Committee on Academic Staff Issues (CASI) in the College of Letters & Science, including current members and past issues of interest to the committee.
L&S Committee on Academic Staff Issues
Beginning in 1999, Committees on Academic Staff Issues (CASI) were established in each school or college.
The L&S CASI advises the Dean on the formulation and review of policies and procedures concerning the Academic Staff members of the College. It also advises the Dean on Academic Staff promotional opportunities, participation in department governance, and performance recognition.
The committee has both elected and appointed members.
Agendas are posted for previous and upcoming meetings. Persons interested in the topics that have been discussed and will be discussed are encouraged to contact a CASI member to make their opinions known.
Issues of Interest to CASI
- HR Design
- Job promotions in L&S as compared to those in other colleges and units
- Job security
- Joint meetings between L&S CASI and the L&S USIC (University Staff Issues Committee)
- Mandated Furloughs
- Budget Cuts
- Communication with our constituents
- Title changes/promotions/rate changes
- Graduate School reorganization
- By-laws re-write
- How to supervise Academic Staff/Performance reviews
- Federal Audits of Soft Money Funding for Academic Staff
- Workload Concerns
- Surveying Academic Staff to determine issues of note
For minutes and agendas of past meetings, please see the link below.