Monday December 3, 2012
Union South - check TITU for details
1. Proposed change for ASPP 2.07B. The current text is:
2.07 Indefinite Appointment
B. Area Review Committees.
1. Composition. There shall be four academic staff area review committees: Humanities/Social Sciences, Biological/Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences/Engineering, and Administrative/Student Services/Library. Each committee shall consist of nine members. Insofar as possible, each committee shall consist of academic staff members having indefinite status and whose employment-related activities represent the diversity of academic staff.
The members of the Administrative/Student Services/Library Area Review Committee shall include at least two from separate administrative areas, two from separate student services areas and two from separate library areas. The other three committees shall have academic staff members appointed to reflect the instructional, doctoral, and other backgrounds appropriate to academic staff within the area of review.
2. The committee members shall be appointed by the chancellor or designee in consultation with the Academic Staff Executive Committee. Members will serve three-year terms with one-third of the committee appointed annually; members may be reappointed. Terms extend from July through June. Vacancies will be filled by appointment by the Academic Staff Executive Committee. The appointed committee members will serve the unexpired portion of that term.
3. Operating Procedures. Each committee’s operating procedures are subject to the approval of the Personnel Policies and Procedures Committee (PPPC) of the Academic Staff Assembly. Modifications shall be part of the annual report specified below.
Annual Report. At the end of each fiscal year, each area review committee shall submit a report to the PPPC detailing the number of nominees reviewed, the committee’s recommendations, and the number of indefinite appointments awarded as well as evaluating the effects of the Academic Staff Policies and Procedures and making appropriate policy recommendations.
(This can also be found in the shared space - see the link below or see if https://docs.google.com/a/wisc.edu/document/d/1-qP-WXetukarm_JRTHE85AVfzrX6megTk3GlWbZLXeQ/edit works for you)
2. ASPP Chapter 14 changes for July - preparation
3. ASPP Chapter 7 - Linda's revied chapter 7, along with her proposal for a revised structure can be found in the shared Google docs space (https://drive.google.com/a/wisc.edu/#my-drive)
4. Is everyone OK with no meeting on December 24th, when we are all off anyway?
5. Any other/new topics