Academic Staff Executive Committee Minutes 12-19-13
ASEC MinutesMembers Present:
2:00 – 2:55 p.m. Thursday, December 19, 2013
67 Bascom Hall
Marwa Bassiouni, Denny Hackel, Trish Iaccarino, Jim Maynard, Heather McFadden, Chair, Robert Newsom, Kevin Niemi, Vice Chair, Jeff ShoklerGuests:
Michael Bernard-Donals, Paul DeLuca
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m.
The minutes of December 12, 2013 were approved.Guest: Provost Paul DeLuca
Heather McFadden asked the Provost about the UW System Presidential search visits. He will check on the information about the teleconference. He asked ASEC to provide names for the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management Search and Screen Committee. ASEC followed up on a suggestion from the Assembly meeting and asked about the possibility of using WiscAlert to communicate power and heat outages. The Provost has been in touch with Facilities Planning and Management about communicating these issues with faculty, staff and students. Provost DeLuca updated ASEC on the Office 365 rollout. Reports:
• Chair Heather McFadden reported that the University Committee talked about Multiple Roles on Monday. There will be further discussion on this topic at the joint University Committee/ASEC meeting this afternoon. She spoke with Russell Kutz, chair of Classified Staff Executive Committee (CSEC), regarding ASEC members attendance CSEC meetings and the timing conflict. Russell agreed to ask an ASEC member to attend if something on the agenda requires academic staff input.
• Secretary Heather Daniels reported that she has been invited to participate on a panel for the Kauffman Seminar on shared governance. She also reported on a meeting regarding classified staff on faculty policies and procedures committees. Lastly, she updated ASEC on the School of Medicine and Public Health CASI.Liaison Reports:
• Shared Governance Advisory Committee on HR Design. Denny Hackel provided information from this committee that met on Monday. Their next meeting is in mid-January.
• Heather McFadden talked through a brief outline for the joint meeting with the University Committee at 3 pm.
• Next ASEC Meeting, January 9, 2013
-Discussion: ASPP and Bullying
-February Assembly Agenda
Meeting adjourned at 2:50 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Heather Daniels, Secretary of the Academic Staff