Academic Staff Executive Committee Minutes 03-21-13 Approved March 28, 2013
2:00-3:30 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013
Members present: Marwa Bassiouni, Denny Hackel, Heather McFadden, Vice Chair; Jim Maynard, Robert Newsom, Jeff Shokler, Chair.
Members absent: Heather Daniels, Past-Chair; Robin Kurtz, Erin Silva.
Guests: Deb Brauer, PPPC; Jenny Dahlberg, CEBC; Russell Dimond, BIPS; Steve Lund, APO; Eden Inoway-Ronnie, Executive Assistant to the Provost; Nola Walker, CCF Overview Working Group.
Jeff Shokler, Chair, called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m.
The minutes for Thursday, March 14, 2013 were approved as distributed.
PPPC Update: Deb Brauer:
- Discussed Grievance procedure modifications in Chapter 7 of ASPP.
- Noted that ASPP states that they should be getting reports from ASAP and Area Review Committees and would like to discuss whether these reports would better be directed to ASEC.
CCF Overview Working Group Update: Nola Walker:
- Handout passed around with information on the Overview & Communications Working Group. The handout had the following two sections that were briefly discussed.
- 1.) Scope of CCF Evaluation Overview inquiry
- 2.) Potential exploratory questions
- It was discussed that response rate may be better if Steve Sterns composed a letter to give the group some more authority.
APO Update: Steve Lund:
- Looking for names for the title review group but ASEC is unable to provide names at this time.
- Cross-governance HR Design group will try to schedule their first meeting for next week.
- Our request for data of the number of academic staff within 5% or 10% of their salary cap should be ready early next week.
Provost Update: Eden Inoway-Ronnie:
Discussed the visit of the Chancellor candidates and asked for feedback on what was good and what could be better. Vince Sweeney and Becci Menghini will be in charge with the onboarding of Chancellor Blank and governance may be requested to provide information for the new chancellor.
Secretary of the Academic Staff search is progressing and a PVL should be posted shortly.
We requested that someone from administration be present at the April 8th meeting to present the Academic Staff Excellence Awards.
Recently released Alcohol Policy was discussed briefly.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Submitted by Denny Hackel, ASEC member, with edits by Jo Ann Carr, Interim Secretary of the Academic Staff.