Office 365 (Windows 10 Mail | Calendar | People) - Configure Mail, Calendar, and People
This document explains how to connect to the Office 365 service.
Configure Windows Mail, Calendar, and People for Office 365
- Open the Windows Mail application.
- If you see the Add an account button on the page when you start Mail, click Add an account | Exchange. If you don't see the Add an account option, open the main charm menu on the right side of the page, and then click Settings | Accounts | Add an account | Exchange.
- On the Add your Outlook account page, click Show more details, and enter your account credentials:
- Click Next/Connect.
- If you see the message “Your email account is successfully configured.”, click Finish. If you see the message titled Make my PC more secure, read the message, and then click Enforce these policies.
- If you are prompted to select your account, do so by clicking on the address you entered above.
The connection will be made and your account data will be synced. You may be prompted to enter in your account credentials via UW-Madison Login page - do so.
It is recommended you make the following changes to your account.
- Account Name: Office 365
- Download email from: Any time
- Show email notifications for this accounts: On
If you go back to the Home screen, your new account can be accessed via the "Mail" tile. When you receive messages, the number of new messages will appear next to the letter icon.
Calendar and People data for this account will also be synced and can be accessed via the appropriate tiles.