Template - Review Committee Charge Memo
The review committee is appointed and convened by the dean or the university official who requested the review.
Schools and colleges may create their own charge memos or they may use the Review Committee charge memo template. To use the template, fill in [bracketed] information, save the text on school/college letterhead, and send it to the appointed review committee and the copy list indicated on the template.
The dean will provide the review committee with a written charge that outlines the expectations of their work. Schools/colleges not using the template must include the following items in the review committee charge memo:
Additionally, it is helpful to include a link to Advice for Program Review Committee Chairs.
- a request that a review committee report be written and include the following:
- a summary of the activities of the review committee and materials reviewed
- an evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the program
- recommendations for future directions
- a list of the academic programs (majors, options, certificates) to be reviewed
- naming the chair of the committee
- a due date for submitting the review committee report to the dean's office
- copy to Academic Planning and Institutional Research
- copy to the Graduate School (graduate programs only)