This document shows how to use the front podium in 410 Wendt Commons. Specifically, it shows how to connect a personal PC to the projectors, how to use the Document Camera, how to use the SMART Podium, and how to send an image to the pods' displays.
If the screen is black, press the button just below the screen to turn it on.
Touch the screen anywhere to begin
The following screen will appear.
To connect your personal computer to the projectors, perform the following steps:
1) Turn on one or both of the projectors by pressing the ON button located on the touchscreen.
2) Plug in either the VGA or the HDMI cable into your computer. Note that HDMI will give better quality.
3) Now select the desired source for each projector. For example, if you want to display your laptop, and you connected the HDMI cable, push the LAPTOP HDMI button on the desired projector.
If you wish to display the image on the Document camera, perform the following steps:
1) Turn on the projector(s)
2) Open the document camera. It automatically turns on when opened
3) Select the DOCUMENT CAMERA button on the touch-panel . The document camera’s image will be displayed on one or both projectors.
4) When you are done you need to turn off the document camera by pushing the green power button on the top left corner of the device or by closing it.
To use the SMART Podium:
To display what is on the projectors on the pods’ displays:
1) When you turn on the system, Send to Pods is off. It will turn on if you select either of the orange arrows next to the SEND TO PODS button on the touch-panel. To send an image to the pods, select the arrow pointing at the projector whose image you want to display at all of the pods. NOTE: when this is performed, every table will be able to see what is on the projector.
2) When you change the source on the side that is being sent to pods, the pods will displays for the pods will automatically change.
3) More options can be found by pressing the POD SETUP button. Here you can turn all pods on or off, mute or unmute all pods, and turn on/off send to pods. The pod setup screen will disappear after 15 seconds, or you can close it before then if desired by pressing the CLOSE POD SETUP button.
You will be prompted to enter a password to view the next screen. Type in the password and press enter and the POD POWER screen will appear.
When you are finished be sure to turn off the projector(s). Do this by pressing the OFF button for each projector. When you do this, you will be given a screen saying ‘Are you sure’. Click yes to finish turning off the projector.