Each learning community has their own email address
(608) 262-2522 (University Housing general number)
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
625 Babcock Dr
Madison, WI 53706-1213
Residential Learning Communities bring together faculty, staff and students around an explicit focus within University Residence Halls. Unique seminars and class sections and aligned co-curricular activities all help produce smaller, more intentional communities that set students up for success.
You can see a list of all learning communities, and read more about them, here: https://www.housing.wisc.edu/residence-halls/learning-communities/
Some talking points for the present time and future of learning communities.:
- Each year over the past 5 years interest in learning communities has increased by 20%.
- 97% of applicants receive their first choice.
- The additional fee for learning communities is $200 with the exception of Chadbourne Residential College, which is $300. This covers the whole year. Students can apply for a grant to cover this additional fee pending their financial need.
The CRC is the largest learning community.
- Students have the option to tour learning communities, though they must request this in advance. They can call the University Housing office to set up a tour.