L&S Curricular Deadlines for Course and Program Changes
Please consult the information below for deadlines to change courses, add courses or change program requirements.
Changes to Courses, Adding New Courses
- Course changes deadlines are set by campus.
- New courses can be added at any time (there is no ‘deadline’). Follow the change deadlines below if you’d like it to be available by the time the schedule is released.
| DEADLINES|| ADDITIONAL INFORMATION|
|Recommended. Submit course proposals by...
Fall 2019 effective date. We are past deadlines for course changes. New courses may be still be proposed (see NOTE above).
Spring 2020: Submit course proposal by mid-April, 2019 (committees don’t meet in the summer)
Summer 2020: By early October, 2019.
Fall 2020: By the of end winter break, 2020.
|The recommended deadlines builds in time for:
- you to address requests for revisions, including revisions to the syllabus if it does not include all the required components (see syllabus requirements). You will be notified if revisions to the syllabus or proposal are
The recommended guidelines assume you will address feedback within several days.
- other department or committees review (cross-listed courses or courses with general education designations, for example).
- you to address any questions asked by the L&S Curriculum Committee during their review.
|Final Deadlines: |
Fall 2019 effective date: N/A. We are past change deadlines. New courses may be still be proposed after this date. (see NOTE above).
Spring 2019 effective date. Noon, September 16, 2019. New courses may be still be proposed after this date (see NOTE above).
Summer 2019 effective date. Early November, 2019, TBD. New courses may be still be proposed after this deadline (see NOTE above).
Fall 2020 effective date: mid-February, TBD. New courses may still be proposed after this deadline (see NOTE above).
|Final deadlines to the left do not build in time to address common delays.|
- They do not include time to address small revisions that may be required, included missing required syllabus components. All issues must be resolved by the deadline to the left.
- They do not include time for cross-listing department review/approval (all departments must have
approved by deadlines).
- They do not include time for additional committee review your course may need (e.g. if the
course needs to be reviewed for a requested General Education designation.)
To summarize: please submit course proposals well prior to the deadlines to ensure the effective date you want.
- They do not include time to respond to L&S and University Curriculum
Committees questions, if they have any. (If either committee requests more information and defers
approval, the course may miss deadlines)
Deadline for Changes to be effective Fall 2019: Deadline: we are past deadlines. Substantial program changes only have fall effective dates.Contact Kimbrin Cornelius for further discussion.(email@example.com)
Deadline for Changes to be effective Spring 2020. Proposals must be submitted by late October, TBD. Only minor changes are approved
to have Spring effective dates (additions to course lists, correction
of errors, clarifications, etc.) Contact Kimbrin Cornelius for further
Deadline Changes to be effective Fall 2020: Early December, TBD. Substantial program changes may only have fall effective dates.Contact Kimbrin Cornelius for further discussion.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
L&S Curriculum Committee meeting dates and deadlines:
L&S Curriculum Committee meeting dates and deadlines:
(at Noon, Mondays)
|September 11, 2018 (orientation meeting) || ---||Orientation meeting, no proposals reviewed|| |
| September 25, 2018|| Sept 17, 2018||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Spring 2019. New courses can be approved after this deadline but see NOTES above.|| |
| October 9, 2018||Oct 1, 2018|| |
| October 23, 2018|| Oct 15, 2018|
| November 13, 2018|| Nov 5, 2018||The L&S Curriculum Committee will meet jointly with the CALS
| November 27, 2018|| Nov 19, 2018||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Summer 2019. New courses can be approved after this deadline but see NOTES above.|
| December 11, 2018|| Dec 3, 2018|
| January 22, 2019|| Jan 14, 2019||We recommend you submit course proposals to be effective Fall 2019 by this date.|
| February 12, 2019|| Feb 4, 2019|
| February 26, 2019|| Feb 18, 2019||"Absolute deadline" for course changes effective Fall 2019. New courses can be approved after this deadline but see NOTES above.|
| March 12, 2019|| Mar 4, 2019||The L&S Curriculum Committee will meet jointly with the CALS
| March 26, 2019||Mar 18, 2019|| |
| April 9, 2019
|| April 1, 2019
|April 23, 2019||April 15, 2019|| We recommend you submit course changes effective Spring 2020 by this date. |
|May 14, 2019||May 6, 2019||The University Curriculum Committee doesn't meet during the summer; any courses approved during this meeting or later will not receive UCC action until Fall 2019. |
Contact InformationKimbrin Cornelius (email@example.com) staffs the committee and is the best person to contact for guidance about curricular policy, preparing proposals, questions about where proposals are in the review process, or general questions about L&S Curriculum Committee process.
Professor Seth Blair (Integrative Biology) is the chair of the committee for 2018-2019.