Spirion (Identity Finder) - Using Regular Expressions to Find Custom Data
In Identity Finder, it is possible to find custom information using regular expressions. Identity Finder uses the Perl Regular Expression Syntax provided by the Boost libraries.
This article is not a tutorial for regular expressions, but a guide to how to use them in Identity Finder.
Searching for Custom Data - Windows Client
For a brief overview of regular expressions see the page Perl Expression Syntax.
This article covers the following topics:
To specify custom information within the Windows client:
Searching for Custom Data - Mac Client
- Open Identity Finder, navigate to the Identities tab, and select the Custom Type identity.
- Choose Customize OnlyFind from the drop down menu.
- The Settings window will open. You can specify your regular expression in the blank space. When you are done, click Add.
- Click Apply to add the regular expression to your searches. Searches will now look for data that matches your regular expression.
To specify custom information within the Mac client:
- Open the Preferences menu and navigate to the OnlyFind tab.
- Choose Custom Type from the drop down menu. You can then enter your regular expression into the empty field. When you are finished, click the Add button and then click OK.
- You can now search for your custom information by selecting the Custom Type from the Identities menu.