Group Filespace on CAE's File Server
Accessing Group Folders on the CAE fileserver
The CAE fileserver allows easy sharing through Group Folders that can be found through the H: drive You must be connected to campus VPN (WiscVPN, CAE license VPN, CoE Split or Full VPN, or CAE Collaborator VPN).
If you have previously mapped to the share drive (using the old system), you will need to change the path. The easiest way to accomplish this is to disconnect the old mapping and make a new one. Disconnecting is easy: just right-click on the drive and select Disconnect. To map the drive, use the following steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right click on This PC.
- Select Map Network Drive - the location of this option depends on your operating system.
- Select a drive letter that is not in use OR select the drive letter you were using before. If you select the drive letter you were using before, the old path will be there. If you select a new letter, the path will be blank.
- The path will take the form of \\groupspace.cae.wisc.edu\groups.
- Paste the path into the Folder box (right below the Drive: box where you chose the letter).
- If you are asked for your login name and password, be sure to use your CAE login, with the ENGR domain specified before. It should look like ENGR\johndoe
- Click Finish.