WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Displaying Publications in Faculty/Staff Page
Users may display a list of publications on a faculty/staff biography page within the UW Theme. The steps below will walk you through this process.
Step 1: Setup your faculty/staff members
If you haven’t already, you’ll first need to create your faculty/staff member(s).
The instructions for this process are located in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Faculty/Staff Members.
Step 2: Create your publications
After you’ve created your faculty/staff member, you can create the publication that you’d like to associate with them.
- First, follow the instructions listed in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using the Publications Plugin to set up your publication
- Instead of manually entering author information, select the Add Author button and choose Staff Member
- Select the staff member from the list or keyword search their name
- Give the staff member a role (principal author, editor, or co-editor)
- Continue filling out the publication information as needed and publish
Step 3: Place the publications shortcode on the faculty/staff member page
Next, you’ll need to include a shortcode on your new faculty/staff member page.
- Navigate back to the faculty/staff member page that you just created.
- In the main biography section, paste in the following code where you want your publications to appear (include the brackets):
- Publish your edits
Step 4: Update your publication display settings
Finally, you’ll need to update the settings for how you’d like your publications to display on the page.
- On your faculty/staff member page, scroll to the top of the page and select the Screen Options dropdown in the top right corner of the screen
- Check the box that says Publications Listing
- Scroll down on the page until you can see a new box titled Publications Listing
- Check the box to display the publications listing
- Scroll down to the Display Settings tab
- Set the following fields as desired:
- Publications List
- How to Sort Publications
- Publications Sort Order
- Maximum Posts per Page (enter “-1” to show all post or enter the number desired)
- Publications Category
- For the Faculty/Staff Filter field, search for your faculty/staff member (if it isn’t already showing up)
- Publish your edits