WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Related Posts
The following document will walk users through how to use the Related Posts feature of the UW Theme.
- Can link up to 3 posts
- Can choose to display featured images, publish dates, and/or excerpts
- Can drag-and-drop posts into the desired order
- Open a post
- Scroll down below the text area and locate the heading that says Related Posts
- In the Select Related Posts area, use the Search box to locate the post(s) you'd like to display
- Clicking on the post title will select it for display
- You can select up to 3 posts
If you have more than one post selected, you can reorder them by dragging and dropping them into the order you desire.
If you wish to remove a post from the related posts area, follow these steps:
- Hover over the post that is already selected
- Click on the minus (-) symbol
The Related Posts feature offers a few different display options:
Show Featured Image
If a featured image is already set for the post you'd like to link in the Related Posts listing, then you can choose to show or hide this as desired.
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating Posts offers instructions for adding a Featured Image to a post.
Show Publish Dates
If you'd like the date of the post to show, you can toggle this option on.
The excerpt of a page is a brief description of what the page is about. This text is automatically generated for you if you don't manually type it in. If you choose this display option, it will pull the excerpt of that page in to show under the linked post heading.
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Finding and Editing the Excerpt of a Page offers instructions for how to update the excerpt of a post.
- If you choose to display featured images and/or excerpts and they are not showing up, you will need to make sure they are set in the actual post that is displayed.