CAE Duo - Using the Duo Mobile App to generate passcodes
This document describes how the Duo Mobile app can be used to generate a passcode for multi-factor authentication.
This feature is great for situations when your phone doesn't have a stable cellular data or wifi connection. This feature can even be used with your phone is in airplane mode or when you are traveling outside of the US.
Please note that this document is specifically for CoE Duo. If you need to generate a code for your NetID Duo, please see here: https://kb.wisc.edu/87229
1. Log into service requiring CoE Duo Verification. If you have Duo set to automatically send a push notification, you'll need to cancel it
2. Click "Enter a Passcode"
3. On your mobile device, open the Duo Mobile App
4. Select "UW College of Engineering"
5. The entry should expand, showing a 6 digit code
6. Enter that code in the Duo prompt and click "Log In"
7. If that code doesn't work, go back to the Duo Mobile app and tap the Refresh button to generate a new code, then enter that code and click "Log In"