WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Search and Filter Options for Fac/Staff Content
A filter can be added to your full faculty / staff list by choosing to show all members of the list and applying the filter function in the Faculty/Staff Listing page element.
Please be aware that the filter currently only searches the name field.
In this document:
- Before setting the filter, be sure to understand how to add the Faculty/Staff Listing page element: WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Faculty/Staff Listing Page Element
- The Faculty/Staff Search and Filter function can only be used when your page element is set to All Faculty/Staff. It will not display in any other display setting.
- When applied, the Faculty/Staff Search and Filter function defaults your page element to be three columns to accommodate the functionality.
- If you are using multiple Faculty/Staff Listing page elements on a single page, the Search and Filter function will only be usable in the one page element it is applied to. It cannot filter or search other page elements.
Applying the Filter
- Add the Faculty/Staff Listing page element The Faculty/Staff Filter option can only be applied when you choose the option for All Faculty/Staff listing.
- Choose All Faculty/Staff from the What kind of a faculty/staff listing? option
- When you choose this option, the Include filtering? setting will appear. Click the checkbox to enable this.
- Choose where you want this filter to appear by clicking in the radio button for Filter Position
- There will also be an option to set the Filter Title if you desire. Be aware that the Filter Title will only be applied if you are using Faculty Types for your listing.
- Update or Publish your page.
The filter and search options can be displayed either above your fac/staff listing or to the left side. The images below show what this looks like for each option.