InterPro - Online Learning - Teaching Resources for Instructors - Suggested Settings for Canvas integration Zoom Conferences
This page describes the InterPro suggested settings for Zoom web conferences
Creating Zoom Sessions using the Canvas Integration
- In your Canvas course, navigate to the Zoom tool in the left navigation.
- If Zoom is not in your course navigation, and you are teaching an InterPro course, please contact Online Support. Otherwise see [Link for document 108002 is unavailable at this time.]
- Next click on the Schedule a New Meeting button to schedule a Zoom session associated with your Canvas Course.
- Topic Field
- The Topic field will fill in automatically, change this if necessary
- When and Duration Fields
- Set the time and duration based on your courses's web conference time
- Time Zone Field
- Leave time zone set to Central Time
- Check Recurring meeting to schedule sessions for the entire semester
- Adjust the settings based on the days your course meets. See the Academic Calendar for semester start and end dates.
- Registration Field
- Leave Registration unchecked
- Security Field
- Ensure the passcode option is checked. This helps prevent zoom bombing
- Uncheck Waiting room, if desired. For more information on Zoom waiting rooms see Waiting Rooms from the Zoom Help Center.
- Ensure that Require authentication to join is unchecked
- Video Field
- Ensure that the host and participant video options are on
- Audio Field
- Ensure that this field is set to both
- Meeting Options
- Enable join before host, if desired. This allows students to start the conference early. For more information see Allow Participants to Join Before Host
- Leave mute participants upon entry checked, if desired
- Leave record the meeting automatically unchecked, if desired
- Advanced Options
- Any instructors currently enrolled in your Canvas Course will automatically be co-hosts. Ensure that any instructors are added to the Canvas Course before creating your Zoom web conferences.
- Note: Students who join the Zoom session from the link in the integration will automatically be Participants.
All sessions scheduled this way will appear in the Integration and all cloud recordings made in sessions scheduled this way will appear in the integration as well. To learn how to enable cloud recordings, see InterPro - Online Learning - Tools and Technology - Web Conferencing - Enable Cloud Recordings for Student View in Canvas integration Zoom Conferences
Note: Students can also create sessions in the Integration interface. All instructors will automatically be enrolled as co-host. Students can use these rooms to meet informally.