CAE Duo - Generating one time use codes
How to generate a number of one time use DUO codes
It can be useful to have a few One-Time use DUO codes, in case you forget or lose your other device. Please note that these codes will expire 4 months after they are generated, so you will need to periodically generate new ones.
1. Navigate to mfa.cae.wisc.edu
2. Click on "Manage Tokens and One-time use codes
3. Click on "Request One-Time Code(s)"
4. A. If you wish to verify using a push notification to your mobile device, select how many codes you wish to generate from the drop down, then click "Submit from <Phone number/device>" and verify it using the DUO mobile app.
B. If you wish to enter a code from a token/fob, select how many codes you want from the drop down and enter a code from your device, then click "Submit from <Token/Fob Serial Number>
5. Once you Click submit, and verify on your mobile device if you use that method, your browser will download a PDF with your One-Time codes.
Handling Your Backup Codes
-Backup codes should be stored in a secure but accessible location (such as a locked drawer or cabinet) while not in use.
-Generating new backup codes will invalidate your previous backup codes.
-Backup codes will expire after four months; The expiration date is displayed on the print-out below the passcodes.
-Each code can only be used once so we recommend crossing them off as you use them.