This document outlines how to uninstall SOLIDWORKS from your Windows machine. SOLIDWORKS must be completely uninstalled from your machine before you will be able to update or reinstall it.
1. Open the Control Panel. This can be done by searching "Control Panel" under Windows Start at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Navigate to "Programs" > "Programs and Features". Click on SOLIDWORKS.
3. You will be asked if you would like to allow the program to be changed or uninstalled. Click "Yes".
4. SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager will open and ask what products you would like to uninstall. Please make sure all the products are selected. Failure to select all of the products will result in difficulty when reinstalling or installing an updated version of SOLIDWORKS. Click "Remove Items".
5. You will be asked if you would like to backup your SOLIDWORKS Electrical environment. If you need to backup your environment, cancel the uninstall and archive your environment in SOLIDWORKS Electrical, then return to this step. If you do not need to back up, click "Continue Uninstall".
6. Your SOLIDWORKS will now uninstall. Once it is finished, click "ok". SOLIDWORKS is now uninstalled.