Accessing Group Filespace
Instructions on how to access group filespace through myfiles and by mapping network drive.
Accessing a Group Filespace
There are two ways to access your group filespace:
Remote Access to CAE Files
1. Navigate to myfiles.cae.wisc.edu. Make sure you are connected to either WiscVPN or Engineering VPN. Then, log in with your CAE credentials.
2. On the left, you should see something similar to the screenshot below. Select "Groups."
3. Select "shared." (If you are accessing a department group filespace, instead select "dept.") You will see a list of letters. Select the one that your group filespace name starts with. From there, you should be able to access files.
Mapping Drive to Access Files
- Open "File Explorer" (Folder Icon in taskbar, otherwise under start menu)
- Select "This PC" on the sidebar and click "Map network drive" at the top
- In "Drive:" enter any available letter
- In "Folder:" enter \\groupspace.cae.wisc.edu\[Group Type(dept, studentorg, course, etc.)]\[GroupName]. If you only want to have to do this once, choose the checkbox "Reconnect at logon."
- If you are asked for your login name and password, be sure to use your CAE login, with the ENGR domain specified before. It should look like: ENGRjohndoe
- Click "Finish."
- From Finder, press Command+K
- Enter the path to your directory: groupspace.cae.wisc.edu/[Group Type(dept, studentorg, course, etc.)]/[GroupName]
- Click "Connect"
- Enter your CAE login and password, with the ENGR domain specified, e.g. ENGR\johndoe, and click "OK"
- The drive is now mounted, however it will disappear when you reboot. To enable persistence do the following:
- Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Click on "Accounts" then "Login Items"
- Click the + button to add another login item
- Locate the CAE drive you just added, and select "Add"
- Exit out of system preferences