UW-Madison Zoom - Enable Zoom Add-in for Outlook
There are times when you want to setup a calendar meeting and include link for Zoom meeting. This article will provide steps on how to add the Zoom add-in to your Outlook client (browser or desktop) for your Office 365 account.
Enable Zoom Add-in within Office 365 account
- Log into Outlook on the web.
- Select any message.
- Select More actionsdots located at the top right corner of the message.
- Within the sub-menu, select Add-ins.
- On the 'Add-ins for Outlook' page, search for Zoom and add Zoom for Outlook.
- Close the Add-ins manager.
After you have enabled the Zoom add-in for your Office 365 account per steps above, you will also have the ability to add a Zoom meeting to your calendar within Outlook desktop client. The Add a Zoom Meeting button should appear in your ribbon when you are within a calendar event/meeting. Note: If you just enabled the add-in, you may need to restart Outlook.
Within Outlook, you will now have the ability to add a Zoom meeting to any calendar event you create.
Important: The first time you attempt to create a Zoom meeting within your Outlook client, you will be prompted to authenticate into your NetID@wisc.edu account.
- In your Outlook calendar, select New event/meeting.
- In the top right corner, look for the blue Zoom icon and click on it.
- Select the Add a Zoom Meeting option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Sign in with SSO.
- Enter uwmadison for the company domain.
Schedule a Zoom Meeting
Note: If the 'Add a Zoom Meeting' button does not appear within Outlook desktop client, please make sure your Outlook desktop client is authenticated correctly.