Academic Staff Communications Committee Minutes 02-06-20
Academic Staff Communications Committee2019-20 ASCC Members present
1:00-2:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 2020
Union South – First Nations Room (3rd Floor)
: Megan Flowers, Kyle Henderson, Ashley Voss, Lori Wilson, Liaison: Stephanie Elkins
1. Review and approval of minutes
– tabled due to no quorum
• October meeting
• November meeting
• December meeting
• February meeting
2. Communications Committee membership update
• Expiring member terms and elections – The terms of Kyle, Robyn and Lori all expire June 30. The nominating committee reached out and checked in with each of us, and we all said we’d be interested in continuing. All other members’ terms expire in 2021 or 2022.
• New member ideas – In addition to the upcoming election, we are down one member. If you have any ideas or suggestions for possible committee members, please send them to a member of the nominating committee. Ashley and Lori are also available to answer any questions.
3. Communications Committee projects update
• ASPP revision status –
• The most up-to-date (effective January 15, 2020) copy of the ASPP that was sent out in January includes changes from the 2017-18 and 2018-19 schoolyears, so our changes were not included.
• Because our changes were approved with a minor change by ASA, we can expect our edits to be incorporated in the next version, likely in early 2021.
• In the meantime, Jake said we should proceed with our business as though they have been published.
• Website & Newsletter Recommendations document – We discussed the document and next steps:
• Ashley asked Jake for a meeting before April to dig into and discuss the document (ask and answer questions, get feedback, etc.).
• Stephanie will report to ASEC that we are eager to discuss the document and partner with the Secretary’s office and ASEC on any changes moving forward, and that this is a set of recommendations for collaboration.
4. Academic Staff Institute, February 25, 2020
– The academic staff institute is Tuesday, 2/25. Everyone is encouraged to go: https://acstaff.wisc.edu/professional-development/academic-staff-institute
5. Meeting schedule for spring 2020 semester
• Meeting dates for this semester will be the same time and place as last semester: the first Thursday of the month at 1 pm:
• 2/6/20 – Union South @ 1 pm
• 3/5/20 – Memorial Union @ 1 pm
• 4/2/20 – Union South @ 1 pm
• 5/7/20 – Memorial Union @ 1 pm – and social after!