WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Exporting a WordPress Site
This document can be used for instructions on how to export a WordPress site as an XML file.
It is important to note that exporting a WordPress site in this manner will only carry over the pages, posts, and media that exists in the site. It will not capture any of the customizations that might exist in the child theme. If you need a copy of your child theme for the styles of an existing WiscWeb site, please reach out to the WiscWeb team using the Customer Support Form. If you need a copy of your child theme for the styles of a non-WiscWeb site, please work with the developer of your child theme.
Exporting Entire Site as an XML File
The following steps will allow you to export the entire site (minus the child theme) as an XML file.
Login to your WiscWeb site
Navigate to Tools > Export on the left menu
Choose All Content from the top of the page
Click on the blue Download Export File button
Export Certain Elements of the Site as an XML File
The following steps will allow you to export a portion of the site as an XML file.
- Login to your WiscWeb site
- Navigate to Tools > Export on the left menu
- Choose the content that you'd like to export (pages, posts, media, etc.)
- If you have a desired start and end date for which content you'd like to carry over, designate it using the available options
- Click on the blue Download Export File button
- If there is content from your existing WiscWeb site that you'd like to export that isn't showing up in your XML file, please contact the WiscWeb team via the Customer Support Form and describe the content you'd like to export.
- If there is content from an existing non-WiscWeb site that you'd like to export that isn't showing up in your XML file, please work with your IT team and theme developer.