Webex Events: Pro Tips Before Choosing Webex Events
Looking for a tool to host a large Webex session between 50-1000 attendees?
Webex Events is the tool that is recommend and here are some pro tips before choosing this type of session:
Helpful Tips Before Choosing to Schedule a Webex Event:
- This is more of a 1 –
many session where one person will typically present material, while the
attendees just listen with mics muted
- This is great for webinars, student lectures, employee communications
- This can include one or
multiple presenters/panelists that either share content or answer
Q&As submitted by attendees
- Screen sharing and white boarding are great tools to utilize for this type of session
- Only Host/Presenters/Panelists are allowed to share their video
- Attendees are typically
muted the entire session, whereas the Host can un-mute all participants or
specific participants if need be.
- It is best to set this meeting up by logging in to the web browser at https://uwmadison.webex.com rather than through Outlook applications as more features can be selected there.
- Watch these videos here to learn more about how to use Webex Events
To Schedule a Webex Event
1. Go to https://uwmadison.webex.com
2. Login using your primary email and authenticate to UW Madison
3. Select Webex Event in the lower left hand corner
4. Follow the instructions found here