Former Employees - Accessing Earning, Leave, Tax, and Benefit Statements

This document explains how former employees (faculty, staff, and student) can obtain copies of their earning, tax and benefit statements. When affiliation with the University of Wisconsin ends, employees lose access to HRS. This will prevent former employees from accessing their tax and earnings statements electronically. Former employees will also not be able to update their address information.

Why am I losing access?

Your affiliation with the university determines your access to many campus services. When your Human Resources department updates your affiliation status to indicate that your employment has been terminated, you will no longer be able to access your employee information in HRS. 

If you believe you have lost access or been directed to this page in error, please contact your Human Resources to confirm your employment status has been correctly entered. If further assistance is needed after consulting with your HR representative, please contact UW-Shared Services

When will I lose access?


You will lose access to Human Resource Services on your role's appointment end date. This includes earning, leave, tax, and benefit statements.


You will lose access to MyUW 24 months after your appointment end date. 

Other Services

For deactivation information for other common UW Madison services, please see Leaving the University of Wisconsin Madison.

What should I do to access my HRS information?

For support accessing your HRS information or to update your mailing address, please contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Support at or (608)262-0600. 

To request copies of employment-related documents:



Earning Statements Copies of your earning statements are available from your former Payroll office or via email at
Leave Statements Copies of your leave statements are available from your former Payroll office.
Tax Statements (e.g. W-2) Duplicate statements can be obtained through the UW System Duplicate Statement Request form.
Benefit Statements Duplicate statements can be obtained by contacting (608)262-5650 or emailing

If your mailing address has changed since your employment at UW Madison, please update your address by contacting prior to requesting any documents.

See Also:

Keywords:employee, statement, taxes, forms, benefits, payroll, W2, 1095a, 1095b, 1095c, 1095-a, 1095-b, 1095-c, W-2, student, facstaff, work record, HRS, self service, myuw my uw portal retired pay stub paystub w2 w-2 faculty requests view electronically additional duplicate   Doc ID:6856
Owner:Laura S.Group:My UW-Madison Portal
Created:2007-12-18 18:00 CSTUpdated:2021-11-18 14:09 CST
Sites:DoIT Help Desk, My UW-Madison Portal, MyUW System Portal
Feedback:  26   285