This document provides guidance for institutions about requesting Organizational Department updates.
A. Organizational Department request forms are located on the UW Service Center Human Resources webpage, in the Organizational Department Changes tile.
- https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/administration/human-resources/ (log-in required)
B. Download and complete the top portion of the PDF request form.
C. Complete the rest of the PDF form if space allows; if the number of changes exceeds the space available, download and complete the Excel spreadsheet.
- It is preferred that Org Dept information is entered electronically on each form.
- The PDF form must include all three approval signatures.
To the top
- The funding source provided for HRS Department Level Funding should be valid in SFS prior to submitting the Org Dept request.
To: Send to the appropriate Affinity Group; see UWSC Support - Get help from the UW Service Center Support Team.
Subject: FY[YY] Organizational Department Request [Business Unit]
- Note: UW Madison Org Dept requests should be sent to email@example.com; OHR will review and submit to AG1.
Body: In addition to noting the email attachment(s), be sure to note if you are also requesting Service Center assistance with updating employee Job Data, Position and/or Appointment-level funding records in HRS by use of a mass update process.
A. In addition to entering a new Appointment-level funding value, other updates may be needed when an employee's Organizational Department changes
- An employee's Time and Labor Security may need to be updated; see TL - Create and Maintain Time and Labor Security
- An employee's Tenure Home may need to be updated, especially if a tenure granting Org Dept is inactivated; see HR - Tenure Tracking
- When a new Org Dept is created, Workflow for Additional Pay (WfAP) Approvers need to be set up; see PY - Workflow for Additional Pay Approver Maintenance Page