UWMSN - JEMS CHRIS-HR - Copying Transactions
This knowledgebase document provides an overview on how to copy HR Transactions
- This document applies only to UW-Madison. Users from other campuses should refer to documentation intended for their campuses.
Category: University Staff Ongoing (CP), University Staff Project (CJ), and University Staff Temporary Employees (TE).
Audience: Department and Division staff who create JEMS CHRIS-HR transactions.
Overarching Process: High-level overview of how to copy HR Transactions in the JEMS CHRIS-HR.
- Jump to Overview
- Jump to Copying HR Transactions
- Jump to Additional Resource Links
NOTE: There is also a To the Top link at the end of each section.
Users who create and complete JEMS CHRIS-HR transactions for University Staff (CP, CJ, and CL) appointment can copy other transactions in JEMS CHRIS-HR. This allows users to have some consistency in jobs that are similar. It also allows departments or divisions who would like to create a new position that may exist in other departments or divisions across campus to copy other transactions information.
JEMS CHRIS-HR Main Menu
In the Create an HR Transaction section of the JEMS CHRIS-HR main menu screen users can copy from an existing transaction. If you do not have a Transaction ID, you can start with searching All HR Transactions in the edit/view HR transaction section.
Advanced Search Tab
The Advanced Tab allows users to specify their searches.
Search Results Tabs
Once a search has been executed, users can view the results by Department or by Type (Advanced Search tab is the default).
- Users can view more information below the compiled results in the lower part of the results screen.
- Users can edit, view, display/print, or copy HR Transactions by clicking on the check box to the left of a transaction and then selecting the desired action.
- If the user does not have edit ability for the transaction, it will open the transaction in view only mode.
| Edit HR Tran
|| Opens the HR Transaction in edit mode (if the transaction is not available to edit or the user doesn't have authority to edit it, the HR Transaction will open in view only mode).
| View HR Tran
|| Opens the HR Transaction in view mode (users cannot make changes to the transaction in view mode).
| Display/Print HR Tran Documents
|| Allows the logged in user to print some information from the HR Transaction (e.g. organizational chart, position description).
| Copy HR Tran to New Tran
|| Allows the logged in user to copy another HR Transaction in JEMS CHRIS-HR and use to create a new HR Transaction.
| Refresh Query
|| Refresh the results page.
Copying HR Transaction
Once you have selected the Copy HR Transaction, the below window will appear. Use the steps below to copy your transaction.
|| Select the tab you would like to copy the transaction to.
- Copy for US/US Fixed Term - Copy the transaction to create a new US/US Fixed Term transaction.
- Copy for TE - Copy the transaction to create a new temporary employee transaction.
- Copy for Reclass - Copy the transaction to create a reclassification transaction (Reclass is used to request base pay adjustments for reclassifications and permanent or temporary change in duties).
- Copy for Update - Copy the transaction to create a update transaction (Update is used to modify the position description of record for an employee because of changed duties and there is no base pay adjustment requested to accompany the change.
- Copy for reallocation - copy for reallocation is no longer used. Do not use this tab.
|| Click on the check boxes next to the items you would like to copy. You can select from the following items:
- Copy Authorization to Hire Information, and/or
- Copy goals, activities and knowledge, and/or
- Copy Organization chart
|| Click the copy button|
| 4|| A new transaction window will open. Review each tab for information accuracy. There will be some information that may need to be edited or added based on your transaction needs.|
Give us feedback about this knowledgebase document.