Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Payroll (PY)
PY - Legal Settlements
This document includes the process to follow to get a legal settlement processed in HRS.
- To process the request, the UWSC must have an email from the requester, the settlement agreement, and a W-4 if applicable.
- If a W4 is needed, make sure it's entered in HRS before requesting the settlement check
- It must be determined if the settlement is WRS eligible. Legal council is contacted if the Service Center is unable to make that determination.
- If special funding is required, it must be included with the request or entered in HRS prior to your request being submitted.
- Paper checks are always produced.
Because of special process considerations all legal settlements are done off-cycle. The department or institution HR Administrator should send an email to the UW Service Center Payroll Manager. Please include the following information:
- All pertinent information that will be needed and isn't included in the settlement agreement. Specifically the turn-around time for receiving the check and where it should be sent.
- The settlement agreement
- Funding information if different than what is currently in HRS