Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - WED - UW_BN_ENROLLED_FSA_AND_HSA
Employees cannot be enrolled in the FSA Medical and be enrolled in a Health Savings Account at the same time. This procedure outlines to steps to correct employee records.
- The WED process UW_BN_ENROLLED_FSA_AND_HSA will be run daily at 4:00AM to identify the employees who fall into this category.
- Employee(s) cannot be enrolled in HSA and FSA Medical at the same time. They should instead have an LPFSA account with HSA.
1. Check WED report daily to identify the employee(s). Use TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard for additional guidance.
2. A current list of employees who are enrolled in a Health Savings Account (HSA) who are also enrolled in FSA Medical will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the person you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
4. Click the FSA_BENEFITS hyperlink for the employee you have claimed
FSA Medical enrollment:
5. Open a WiscIt and contact institution Benefit Administrator to determine if employee meant to enroll in LPFSA instead of FSA Medical.
6. If employee meant to enroll in LPFSA (or meant entry to be in FSA Dependent Care), an FSA application must be received within 30 days of the Qualifying Event (60 days in the event of a birth) to change the coverage.
a. UWSC Benefits Team, will complete entry in On-Demand for change in enrollment.
b. The UWSC will notify the vendor of the change and process movement of contributions from FSA Medical to LPFSA (or Dependent Care) account by contacting TASC Resource Managers (RMs) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know of issue.
c. Create an FSA Event or reprocess an existing FSA or ADM Event for the same Event Date as HDHP/HSA enrollment to add the LPFSA (or Dependent Care) coverage. (Follow procedures in step 8.)
d. On the next payroll for employee, navigate to the Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create and Load Paysheets > UW Payline > UW Payline Adjustment Page and refund the FSA Medical amount, and take an "addition" for the same amount for LPFSA (or Dependent Care). (Refund and addition of contributions, moves funds to correct account).
e. Watch for payline load to make sure deductions switch correctly by checking Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create and Load Paysheets > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck after paylines load for that specific calc. FSA deductions will be under 'Paycheck Deductions' tab.
7. If an FSA application is not submitted timely, the UWSC Benefits Team will need to create an ADM Event or reprocess an existing ADM Event for the same Event Date as HDHP/HSA enrollment, and change the FSA Medical to waive. (Follow procedures in step 8.)
a. UWSC Benefits Team will notify the institution Benefit Administrator via open WiscIt (from step 5).
8. Please follow these documents for User Procedure steps: BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance , BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table , BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance to make enrollments and/or changes.
9. If employee is enrolled in HSA/HDHP and is not eligible, remove the HDHP/HSA election via On-Demand.
(Follow procedures in step 8.)
a. UWSC Benefits Team will notify the institution Benefit Administrator via open WiscIt (from step 5)
b. Keep FSA Medical coverage enrolled.
c. Change HDHP to non-HDHP enrollment of same SGH plan.
d. Contact TASC RMs and let them know of issue.
e. Refund HSA employee and employer share amounts via payline on next payroll.
f. Watch for payline load to make sure HSA refunds correctly.
- BN - Review Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- BN - Creating a Payline Adjustment