The Initialization Report (IR) is the first step of the Compensation Administration Tool process. It exports current job compensation and funding data out of HRS for the next Fiscal Year's budgeted population into an Excel file. The outputs of the Initialization Report (IR) are used to populate the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet.
1. Navigate to Workforce Administration > UW External HR System > Compensation Administration Tool > CAT Processes > Initialization Report Process.
2. Create a Run Control ID by selecting "New Value" and enter the desired name for the Run Control ID into the Run Control ID box and select add.
3. Enter "Fiscal Year," "Effective Date," and "Business Unit" to define criteria for the Initialization Report on the Initialization Report Process page. (Division is optional)
4. After entering your Run Control parameters, click the "Run" button to begin the Initialization Report process.
5. User will be automatically directed to the Process Scheduler Request page. From this page, click the "OK" button.
6. User will be directed back to the Initialization Report Process page. Click on the "Process Monitor" hyperlink to view the Process List.
7. Click the Refresh button until the "Run Status" is equal to "Success" and the Distribution Status is equal to "Posted"
8. Click the Details hyperlink to route to the Process Detail page.
9. Click on the "View Log/Trace" hyperlink on the Process Detail page.
10. Click on the hyperlink for "init_report_[process instance number].xls" and the "init_report_addl_splits_[process instance number].xls" outputs to view the Initialization Reports based on the Run Control criteria entered on the Run Control page.
11. The output files will look like the screenshot below:
12. Review the output file. A description of the Header Fields is listed below.
OUTPUT HEADER FIELDS:
FIELD NAME DESCRIPTION Run Control ID The Run Control used to create the report Run Date The date the report was created Process Instance The number assigned by PeopleSoft for each process Ran By The User ID of the individual who ran the report Fiscal Year The Fiscal Year entered on the Run Control page Effective Date The Effective Date entered on the Run Control page Business Unit The Business Unit entered on the Run Control page Funding Division The Division entered on the Run Control page Employee Class The Employee Classes selected on the Run Control page
13. Follow the steps in KB XXXXX to copy/paste this date into the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet to be loaded into the Compensation Administration Tool.