AM - Absence Event Report
This report displays employee's absences as they were entered and how they processed (which can be different). It shows days of the week to trace absence patterns. This report is dynamic meaning as soon as you enter the data, and a calculation runs, you can get results. This report could prove helpful in reviewing Exempt employees who report time in increments other than half day. It can be used to troubleshoot data entry. If you require employees to enter non-sensitive notations in the Comments for FMLA or Worker's comp, those can be obtained on this report. It will not show absences that are not Approved since they have not processed.
The Absence Event Report includes the following columns and information:
You can find the following information in this screenshot of Absence Event main screen:
- Description of Leave Type, Date of absence, Entered Hours, Original Entry Date, Entry Source, Workflow Status and Details link
- PATH:Global Payroll and Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absence > Absence Event
You can find the following information in this screen shot of Absence Event Details: Date Updated, Decimal 1, Decimal 2, Comments. (To view comments, click comments link on bottom)
- PATH: Global Payroll and Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absence > Absence Event > Details
You can find the following information in this screenshot of Absence Data:Absence Date (Entry Date), Day Count (Processed Hours)
- PATH: Global Payroll and Absence Management > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence/Payroll Info. > Results by Calendar > Absence Data
- Run Control ID: Existing or New
- Report Request Parameters
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Pay Period Begin Date AND Pay Period End Date: The Begin Date and End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. This will generate a report only for a particular pay period. If you check classified you must use a pay period date or you will receive an error message. If you check unclassified or All, the dates used do not need to follow pay period begin and end dates.
- Pay Frequency – Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Both: This gives you an option to search for a particular pay frequency of your choice. If you have no particular preference for the frequency, you can select “Both”, and it will generate a report for Bi-Weekly and Monthly (depending on the other inputs entered).
- you must use the pay period begin date and end or you will receive an error message.
- Type of outputs available: Email, File, Printer, or Web
- Formats available for output: EXCEL
- Fields on Excel Output include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Run Time, Report EmplID, Report Pay Period End Date, Report Class Indicator, Dept ID, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, FTE, FLSA Status, Absence Date, Day of the Week, Leave Type, Description of Leave Type, Entered Hours, Processed Hours, Decimal 1, Decimal 2, Original Entry Date, Last Updated, Entry Source, Workflow Status, Approver, and Comments.
Navigate to: UW Absence Management Reports > Absence Event Report
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button. If you have never created a Run Control ID, reference PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs .
- Once you have created a Run Control ID:
Enter parameters for the Absence Event Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow refresh button until it is successfully posted.
On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the excel file to view the Absence Event Report. Note: There is NO PDF version of this report.
Sample Excel Output:
The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.