Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Using Templates to Request Entitlements for HRS
This document details the process of using templates in Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) to request roles that provide access to information in the Human Resource System (HRS). As many offices have multiple staff that need the same set of roles, templates can be a more effective way for employees to request this access. If you would like to create your own template(s), please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Click here to
log into OIM.
- If you are requesting entitlements for yourself, click on the Catalog icon. If you are making this
request on behalf of multiple users, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g - Requesting Access for Multiple Users on Behalf of Another User. Note: If you are making this request on behalf of users, after selecting the users you will need to click Back To Catalog Home to reach the template selection menu.
- Choose a template from the list that appears on the Catalog homepage.
The Cart Details screen displays. All entitlements for the chosen template should appear under the Cart Items list.
- Optional: If you would like to request additional entitlements at this point click Back To Catalog. Follow steps 3 through 5 from Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Requesting Entitlements for HRS .
- We ask that users requesting entitlements from a template indicate which template was chosen in the Justification field. If
you wish to delay the provisioning of this access until a later date, fill in the effective date field. The
justification and effective date fields are optional. For more information on using the effective
date field, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Set the Effective Date to Prevent Loss of HRS Access Due to Job Transfer . When you have entered
information into the fields or determined that you do not need to, click on the + next to the
supervisor field to choose your supervisor. The supervisor field is
- On the window that pops up, you can either type the name of the supervisor you are looking for and press the
search arrow or you can leave the name boxes blank and just press the search arrow which will generate a list of
people to choose from.
- Click on your supervisor's entry to highlight it and then click Select. Your supervisor's name
should now be entered in the Cart Details page.
If you have multiple appointments with the UW System you need to take additional steps at this point. See Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Request HRS Entitlements for Employees with Multiple Jobs . If you do not have multiple appointments
with the UW System, please proceed to step 9 on this page.
- You should now be ready to submit your request! Click the
submit button. Note: If you do not see the submit button, close the extra tabs within the application and then go back to the catalog tab.
- Once you have submitted your request, you will arrive to a Request Summary page. Your
request has successfully submitted!
- Once your request has been submitted, you are now ready to complete the Compliance Agreement.
See Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Complete the Compliance Agreement After Requesting Entitlements