AM - ALRA Counter Adjustment
The ALRA counter is a mechanism used to count the number of months a Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) person has been in State Service. An ALRA Counter Adjustment is necessary in certain circumstances, such as when someone transfers in from another State Agency, they transfer from University Staff to FA/AS/LI, or if they go from C basis to A basis. The counter determines when an employee is eligible to bank into ALRA.
- The ALRA adjustment can be done retroactively by the UW Service Center.
- Calculate the ALRA count
- The following counts toward the ALRA total:
The following does not count toward the ALRA total:
- University Staff Ongoing service
- FA/AS/LI service covered by Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Approved leaves of absence from these appointments
- Partial months will be counted as a whole month.
Once you have the dates enter them into the following spreadsheet which will calculate the employee's ALRA count.
- Breaks in state service, positions not eligible for leave or FA/AS/LI service not covered by WRS.
Navigate to Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Review Absence Balances to check the current ALRA counter.
Submit a ticket to the UW Service Center indicating the need for an ALRA counter adjustment along with what the adjustment should be. Attach completed spreadsheet from above to ticket.
- Tell us when the counter needs to be effective.