The PeopleSoft system uses the Benefits Service Date to determine when a University Staff employee is eligible for the employer share towards health insurance premiums. This date is also used to determine when an FA/AS/LI employee is eligible for the employer share towards Income Continuation Insurance. Employees with prior State and/or Local service may be able to enroll immediately upon hire, or with a reduced waiting period before coverage goes into effect based on the amount of prior service they have. This error report lists those employees who have a Benefits Service Date equal to their Date of Hire or Rehire but have prior WRS service indicated on the UW Benefits Tab on JOB indicating that prior service exists and must be accounted for on the Benefits Service Date so waiting periods will be appropriately waived.
1. Click on the UW_BN_INCORRECT_BEN_SERVICE_DATE query hyperlink.
2. To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries
Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, Low
Business Unit = filter by campus
Dept ID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
DeptID (like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click Link to Correct hyperlink next to the employee's name and you will be directed to the UW Benefits Tab on JOB
5. Add a row to Job Data (see KB: BN - Updating the UW Benefits Tab on Job Data ). Click on the UW Benefits Tab and enter the correct date in the Benefits Service Date field and click the Save button. This will update the Benefits Service Date on all historical rows for that particular Employee Record (Empl_Rcd). You must complete the same steps on each active Employee Record for the error to be resolved.
6. Click Save. You will receive a soft warning (shown below) indicating that the Benefits Service Date does not equal the Date of Hire. Click the OK button to continue.
7. Close the window to take you back to the main WED page or you can click the Home link to return to the WED.
8. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
9. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
10. Employee will drop off the WED the following business day.