AM - Annual Allocation Report
This document will walk you through on how you can run an “Annual Allocation Report”. This report shows the leave balances that are added to the employee's calendar at the start of the new year. Calendar Year for University Staff employees and Fiscal Year for FA/AS/LI employees.
The following type of allocated leave balances are displayed in the report for University Staff as well as FA/AS/LI employees:
- Legal Holiday Allocation Balance
- Personal Holiday Balance
- Vacation Allocation Balance
NOTE: The employees must be active as of the end date of the report.
Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Annual Allocation Report
If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose)
- Click Add button.
If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Annual Allocation Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
Report Request Parameters:
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Union Code: When running a department level report, add the union code if desired. If left blank, the report will retrieve the reports or all the union codes at the department. If you do not know the union code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Calendar Group ID OR Period Begin and End Date: The Calendar Group ID and Period Begin / End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period; while the Period Begin / End Date will generate a report for the specified date range. Normally the January A can be used for US and July can be used for FA/AS/LI.
- Class Indicator – University Staff or FA/AS/LI: This gives you an option to search for a particular class indicator of your choice.
- Leave Type: This option can be used to search selectively for a particular type of leave. This would filter out the results for all the other leave types from the final report. Search for the leaves by clicking on the “” icon.
- Additional Excel Output: If you additionally want the report to be generated in an excel format, select the check-box for the same.
- Department / Union Code and EmplID searches are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report for Department / Union code OR employee ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Calendar group ID and Period Begin / End date search options are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report using calendar group ID OR end date, but not both simultaneously.
- For University Staff employees, the preferred method to run the report is using the "Calendar Group ID". If you choose to use the "Start date / End date" method, there is a possibility of duplicate outputs in the report if the start date and the end date are in two different calendar years.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted".
- Click the yellow Refresh button until it is successfully posted.
On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the annual allocation report.
The following is a sample of the PDF version of "Annual Allocation Report" for reference.
The report generated can be printed, saved on a local computer, or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.
Related KBs:Related Links: