Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > Reference
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Tech and Reporting (TE)
TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
The Workflow Exception Dashboard - WED is a pagelet / portal on the HRS homepage created for approved personnel on campuses and in the Service Center to quickly identify queries with errors that need to be rectified in a timely manner to prevent downstream module impacts.
- To view the WED, end users will need to request the UW_UNV_WED security role.
- Access to individual reports on the WED will based on whether the user has security access to fix the errors housed in the query and if there are errors to fix.
- The WED will be refreshed nightly. New errors, when generated, will appear.
- In the event an error requires correction to complete the action or assistance is needed from the Service Center, a WiscIt will need to be created for further review and action taken. In this instance a user will need to follow these steps:
- Click the checkbox to Claim the error
- Click the checkbox for Wiscit, then contact the Service Center to submit a WiscIt
- PeopleSoft tests and certifies web browsers configured with the default security settings as supplied from the browser vendors. When using the following browsers, it is recommended to have the following version for optimal performance:
- Internet Explorer: greater than version 8
- Firefox: greater than version 3.6
PROCEDURE STEPS: MAIN WED PAGE
1. Login to HRS. The WED appears directly to the right of the Main Menu. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries
Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, Low
Business Unit = filter by campus>
Dept ID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
DeptID (like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
**Once a Filter is saved by the user, it will remain set until it is changed. Upon logging in again, the filter will display the last search saved.
3. To reset the Filter back to the widest possible result, click Clear. All Error Query results available to you appear based on your security.
PROCEDURE STEPS: ERROR SUMMARY DETAIL
1. On the main WED page, to select a query, click link to open.
- Error Summary
- Details about the query and steps to take to fix employee data errors
- Knowledge Based document link available
- Link to return to main Dashboard
- Calendar Icon to SC Payroll Calendar (hovering on the icon displays description = SC Calendar)
- Filters: Select Filter and click Search button.
- Business Unit
- DeptID (1) - Must enter full DEPTID, can use magnifying glass to narrow search
- DeptID (2) - Enter a partial Dept ID to wild card (Example: N21)
- Claimed by
- Completed by
- Click Clear to reset the Filter back to the widest possible result, click Clear.
- Additional button: Click Refresh, to refresh the page. Used for troubleshooting, see navigation tips (below)
- List of Employees with Errors
- Further filtering can be done here by clicking the column headings
- Empl Rcd
- Business Unit
- Check to Claim
- Claimed by
- Claimed Date/Time
- Check Completed
- Completed by
- Completed Date/Time
- Days on WED
3. First click Check to Claim the employee you intend to fix. Your name and date/time you claimed the error will appear.
- It is possible to unclaim an error, uncheck the Check to Claim check box. Your name will be removed.
4. To fix an employee, click the 'Link to Correct'. A new page/window will display. Follow the instructions in the message section of the Error Summary to fix a person.
5. Upon successfully fixing the Employee, close the open window and return to List of Error Employees.
6. Click the Completed check box. Your name and date/time you completed the error will appear.
- It is possible to uncheck the Completed check box, if you were unable to complete the save. Your name will be removed.
PROCEDURE STEPS: EMPLOYEE SPECIFIC DETAIL1. Note in the EmplID column in the Error Summary Detail, there are IDs that are hyper linked. This denotes that the Employee has multiple errors.
2. Click the link to detail the multiple errors for one Employee.
3. Here, you have the option to claim / complete / fix 'all' multiple errors for one individual.
4. Click the Error ID link to return to to Error Query Summary/Detail.
ADDITIONAL NAVIGATION TIPS
1. Click Home link to return to the main WED page
2. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on main page and Error Summary page page) to return to the main WED page
3. The following conditions may create "Page no Longer Available" or similar errors:
- Use of tabbed browsing. PeopleSoft applications do not support tabbed browsing. To open new PeopleSoft windows, users should click the 'New Window' link withing PeopleSoft.
- Excessive use of the browser back button. Only PeopleSoft navigation links should be used within PeopleSoft.
- Multiple browser windows are open with one or more windows exceeding the session timeout. Re-establish the session by logging in from only one window and closing all other open PeopleSoft windows.
- Using browser bookmarks to open pages in new windows. Use only the 'New Window' link within PeopleSoft.
- Saving while the same page is open in different windows. Executing a "Save" on one of the windows and then attempting to navigate via the second window may cause errors.
This may occur when working the Error Query Summary / Detail page. If you click to claim an Employee and received the following pop-up, click OK and then click the Refresh button. This can occur if someone else has already claimed the same employee.
1. To customize the layout / sorting of columns in each Error Query Summary/Detail display, click the Customize link.
2. Highlighting the column names and using the arrows (boxed in red) allow you to reorder and sort your available queries.
3. Click the Preview button to, preview your selections.
4. Click OK to save your settings and return to the main page to review.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs:
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Requesting Entitlements for HRS
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Complete the Compliance Agreement After Requesting Entitlements