AM - Leave Balance Report
This report was formerly called the End of Year Report. It formerly only had select balances. This newly enhanced report displays more types of balances. It will display University Staff and FA/AS/LI employees who have positive remaining leave balances. ZERO balances do not display. Balances will include ALRA balance, ALRA counter balance, banked leave, comp time, comp time carryover, legal holiday balance, legal holiday earned - used balance, personal holiday, sick leave balance, vacation carryover, vacation balance, and earned-used vacation balance. This report can be used to identify employees who have balances that need to be used by the end of the calendar/fiscal year to avoid loss. This report is updated with each absence calculation. It uses balances displayed in Results by Calendar. These balances are displayed as of a point in time. Using the most recent pay period end date or the currently open calendar will give the most up to date balance.
- This report is updated with each absence calculation. It uses balances displayed in Results by Calendar. Using the most recent pay period end date or the currently open calendar will give the most up to date balance.
- Keep in mind Sick leave balances will have expected earnings for the month/pay period. Expected earnings cannot be used until the next month. We are displaying the SL Balance not the SLERN (available to use balance).
- On 8/14/17 the 08M calendar is open but not confirmed. The 08B calendar is open and not confirmed. If you ask for the balances as of the 8M or 8B, it will show you the balance with the expectation they will work the whole period. This could change because it is not confirmed. If takes are entered or hours are not worked, this number will change by the payroll confirm.
- If you want to see what the balances were on 06M request balances for that time frame. It will show the most up to date data, for that time, including any changes that took place between then and now?
- Brand new employee is hired on 09/1/17. Balances are requested for the 09M. You will see 8 hours of SL for a balance but they can’t be taken until 10/1/17.
Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Leave Balance Report
- If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
- If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Leave Balance Report. There are 2 options to run the report:
Option 1: Using Department:
- Department: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. Click the "" icon to find the department code or type in the department code. Entering "%" will return everyone you have security to see.
- Empl ID: Select this for one employee.
- Calendar Group ID or End Date: The Calendar Group ID and End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period; while the End Date will generate a report which encompasses that end date. If you do not know the Calendar Group ID then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon. You can select the End Date from the calendar icon next to the input field. If both University Staff and FAASLI balances are desired in one report, use End date.
- Indicator: This option allows for choosing either University staff balance(s), FAASLI balance(s) or both. This may drive different selections offered in the Calendar Group ID or the End Date.
- Leave type (optional): This option can be used to search selectively for a particular type of leave. Search for the leaves by clicking on the “” icon. Leaving it blank will return all leave types.
Option 2: Using Employee ID:
- Empl ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking the “” icon.
- Class Indicator: University Staff, FA/AS/LI or Both: This gives you an option to search for a particular class indicator. “Both” will generate a report for University Staff as well as FA/AS/LI employees (depending on the other inputs entered).
- Calendar Group ID OR End Date: The Calendar Group ID and End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period; while the End Date will generate a report which encompasses the specified end date. If you do not know the Calendar Group ID then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon. You can select the End Date from the calendar icon next to the input field.
- Leave type (optional): This option can be used to search selectively for a particular type of leave. Search for the leaves by clicking the “” icon. Leaving it blank will return all leave types.
Once the desired parameters have been entered, press the “Run” button.
- You can either run the report for Department OR Empl ID, but not both simultaneously.
- You can either run the report using Calendar Group ID OR End Date, but not both simultaneously.
- This report can be run for finalized calendars or open calendars. The data will refresh with each Calculation.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then hit OK. You will return back to the original screen.
Hit Process Monitor to take you to the Process List page.
Click on the yellow refresh button until it is successfully posted. It is successfully posted when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Once successfully posted, click the Details link.
On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the Excel file to view the Leave Balance Report.
The following is a Blank sample of the Excel version of "Leave Balance Report" for reference.
The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from HRS at a later time.
Related KBs:Related Links: