Users who have view-only access to the UW Payline Adjustment Page are able to view both the 'Earnings/General Deductions' tab and the 'Benefit Deductions' tab. This document is intended to help the user understand information contained on the 'Benefit Deductions' tab.
By Pay Period: To view all current payline adjustments for a particular pay period, enter the desired Pay Run ID (e.g., 2013UNC05) and click Search button. The Pay Run ID can be past, present or future. A list of all employees with payline adjustments for that pay period will be displayed. For additional information on the 'Status' field that is displayed, see 'Load Status' below.
By Specific Employee: To view all payline adjustments for a specific employee, enter the EmplID or a combination of the person's First Name and Last Name. If the employee has payline adjustments for multiple pay periods, a list of all pay periods (future, current and past) will be displayed. Click on the desired pay period.
Combination: Search fields can be combined to narrow down the number of possible entries displayed. For example, the Pay Run ID and EmplID could be entered to display an employee's payline adjustments for only the current pay period.
Other: Any of the search criteria, including Department and Business Unit, can be entered separately and will result in all of the payline adjustments that match the specified criteria.
3. Once the employee's data is displayed, click on the Benefit Deductions tab.
The top section above the solid blue line shows identifying information about the employee, such as Name, Business Unit and Empl Rcd. This section is displayed regardless of the information displayed below the blue line. The two fields included in this section that are primarily used for processing purposes behind the scenes are the 'Load Status' and 'PSHUP Creation Dt':
Below the solid blue line is the information related to each of the payline adjustments, which are also known as one-time deductions. Pertinent data is located primarily on three of the four secondary tabs. Below is an outline of each tab on the UW Payline Adjustment page.
The majority of the information a Benefit Administrator will reference occurs on the Transaction Details Tab. This is the tab where Payline Adjustments are entered and/or modified, and where you can track their progress.
Below is a list of fields on this page and how to read the data contained in them:
- Ded - Insufficient Net Pay: During bi-weekly pay periods, there are multiple times when Time and Labor is loaded to a paycheck. Therefore, there may be sufficient earnings later in the week.
- Dup Ded - Manual Review: If there is a Retro deduction or Arrears deduction with an associated Pay End Date that falls between the Adjust Begin Dt and the Adjust End Dt, then the PSHUP Status will indicate that a possible duplicate deduction exists. If it is determined after review that both deductions are valid, then they must be added together. It is recommended that a Comment be added to provide information for clarification purposes.
- High Amt - Manual Review: Additional review and approval is needed for any amount that exceeds the maximum established for campus users. The amount is currently $500 for Before-Tax and After-Tax deductions.
- Inactive - Manual Entry: A payline adjustment cannot be moved to the paycheck through the PSHUP process if the employee terminates employment after the payline adjustment is initially entered on this page. However, it can be manually entered through another page.
- Invalid Benefit Plan (or Invalid DedCD, or Invalid DedClass, or Invalid Plan Type): A payline adjustment cannot be moved to the paycheck if a change in the Benefit Program makes the employee ineligible for the benefit type after the payline adjustment is initially entered on this page. Tier 3 should be consulted in these cases.
- No Payline - Manual Entry: This status occurs whenever an active employee does not currently have a paycheck pending. It's possible that time and labor will be loaded later in the week, so the payline adjustment could still be possible. If not, it may be possible to enter the payline adjustment on a different page in some cases.
- Prepay Exists - Manual Review: If the employee has a Deduction Prepay balance for the same benefit type, then the payline adjustment is often not needed. Therefore, review is needed to determine if it is appropriate.
Once the payline adjustment passes the validation stage, there may be subsequent changes to the PSHUP Status, as indicated below:
- PSHUP Load Error: Although the entry passed the validation stage, it did not make it to the proper holding place (PSHUP table) due to an error. Service Center must address the issue.
- Manually Entered: An entry that did not pass the validation stage was reviewed by the Service Center (Tier 3) and then manually entered through another page. The payline adjustment will appear on Review Paycheck after the next preliminary pay calc is completed.
- Payline Load Failed: Although the entry was in the proper holding place (PSHUP table), it did not make it to the payline (paycheck) due to an error. Service Center must address the issue.
- Manual - Turned off OK to Pay: Even if the payline adjustment has made it all of the way to the paycheck, it is not totally safe until the pay confirmation process is complete. During the final pay calc process, the Payroll Team may uncheck an 'OK to Pay' box (on a different page) to address a pay calc error. This prevents the payline adjustment from being entered onto the paycheck.
Note that the 'PSHUP Status' may differ for different payline adjustments that appear on the same page. This will occur whenever payline adjustments are subsequently added or modified after other entries have been moved to the paycheck during the payroll processing week.
This tab provides information about the initial entry or modification of the Payline Adjustment data, in addition to pertinent information about the nature of the Payline Adjustment itself. Fields on this tab include the following:
The fields on this tab show the dates/times the Payline Adjustments moved to the PSHUP Table for Validation, and then loaded to the paysheets.