TAM - Job Posting Not Showing
If a job posting is not displaying on candidate gateway or self service careers, there are a few things to check to ensure that the job posting is set up correctly.
- Navigate to your Job Opening: Recruiting > Search Job Openings. Alternative: Recruiters can navigate to the job opening from the the Recruiting Home dashboard using Quick Links or by the My Job Openings pagelet.
- Enter the search criteria to search for the Job Opening.
- Click the Job Opening hyperlink of the job to troubleshoot.
- Select the Details tab on Manage Job Opening.
- Click on the Job Postings hyperlink.
- Click on the blue hyperlink for the titled Job Postings within the Job Postings section.
- Review the Job Postings Destination section.
- The Destination and Posting Type indicates where the recruitment will be posted and must be correct in order to reach the targeted audience.
- If these fields are not correctly populated then your recruitment may not post.
- For example, if your institution wants a job posting to be visible in Candidate Gateway for applicants to see, then "External - All Jobs" must be selected from the Destinations pull down menu and "External" must be selected for the Posting Type. This will ensure it can be viewed by new applicants.
- The same premise applies for a job posting to be visible for internal applicants (all UW employees). "UW Self Service Careers" must be selected from the Destination pull down menu and "Internal" must be selected for the Posting Type. Reference the table below for the correct Destinations and Posting Types for each option.
- Additionally, for the job posting to be visible for internal applicants only for your institution (employees employed by your campus only), then "UW-(Institution Name) Employees Only" must be selected from the Destination pull down menu and "Internal" must be selected for the Posting Type. i.e. UW-Stout Employees Only.
- Check the Relative Open Date field for each of the Destination Types. It is best practice to use the Approve Date.
NOTE: A batch process is scheduled on a hourly basis around 15 minutes past the hour which sends the new postings to Candidate Gateway and Self Service Careers when the correct Destinations and Posting Types are selected.
- Click on the drop down list and choose "On Approve Date". When the Job Opening/or Requisition is approved, the posting will be automatically created and posted by the system. The number of days in the Posting Duration are " X days" after the approval date.
- The posting will be removed from Candidate Gateway and Self Service Careers at 12:15 a.m. on the date indicated in the Remove Date field. To allow an applicant to apply through a specific date, the Remove Date should equal that specific date plus one day.
Posting Destination External - All Jobs
posts jobs to Candidate Gateway and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Job Center website: jobcenterofwisconsin.com
. The WI DWD Job Center interfaces with the following organizations:
Since the UW does no interface directly with these organizations, we do not have control over where and when they appear on each organizations website.
HigherEdJobs.com Jobs Not Appearing