This report provides a way for business units to track hires within an Affirmative Action job group. The report pulls together gender, ethnicity, disability and veteran data about each hire from a specified job group. This data may be useful for analysis when a job group is underutilized and affirmative action goals have been identified. Data for this report is captured through the Manage Hires functionality in HRS. If Manage Hires functionality is not used at the time of hire, the hires may not be present on the report.
1. Enter your Run Control ID; see PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs if needed
2. Enter report parameters
- Date Range - Required
- (From Date - To Date)
- Business Unit - Required
- Department - Enter a department to get data only for a specific department
- Leave this blank to get data from all departments in your business unit.
- UWC/UWEX Program Area - Select most appropriate
- Job Groups - You may enter one or several specific job groups by adding a row and entering additional job groups.
- Data is job group specific. Data from different job groups are not mixed together.
- Enter a % to get data from all job groups in your business unit.
- When job openings do not include a job group, the report will print those hires together on the last page of the report when % is entered as the job group parameter.
3. Click Run. after you've entered all your report parametersTo the top
4. Click on the Process Monitor link and refresh the page until the run status is Success and distribution status is Posted.
5. Open the report by using the View/Log Trace section; see PD - Viewing the Process Monitor if needed.
Report Headings: (Number 1)
- Report ID
- Run Cntl ID
- Date Range
- Business Unit
- AA Job Group (s)
- UWC / UWX Program Area
- From / To Date
Report Fields: (Number 2)
- Job Group
- Job Opening ID
- Job Code & Title
- Comp Rate
- Total Hires
- Protected Veteran
Totals and Percent of Total: (Number 3)
- Total Hires for this job group: Total hires, total female hires, total male hires, total race/min hires, total disabled hires, total veteran hires and total protected veteran hires
- Percent of total = Total hires in the category/total hires (For example: Total Female Hires/Total Hires)
Adverse Impact Data: (Number 4)
- Adverse Impact is based on the 80 Percent rule. If the adverse impact calculation is 80 percent or greater, there is no adverse impact for that group. If the adverse impact calculation is less than 80 percent, there is an adverse impact.
- Calculations are based on raw numbers.
- (Total female hires/total male hires in this job group) *100 = 80 percent rule for females
- (Total racial/ethnic minority hires/total non ethnic hires) *100 = 80 percent rule for racial/ethnic minorities
- If an applicant identifies with a an ethnicity of Non Specified or Decline to Respond, they are not included in either the Race/Ethnic Minority Hires total or the Non Minority Hires total.
To the top