Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Absence Mgt (AM)
AM - Reviewing FA/AS/LI Employees Missing Leave Reports
The Absence Management Employee Missing Leave Report is intended to list all active Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) employees who have not submitted a leave report. The Missing reports are visable on the MyUW portal for employees to access following the monthly payroll confirmation. This output includes all confirmed payrolls. Currently open payrolls will not display as missing.
- If employees do not submit their missing leave reports by the fiscal year deadline, reduction of leave time will occur to 8.5 days for annual employees or 6.4 days if an academic year FA/AS/LI, pursuant to §40.05(4)(bp)1., Wis. Stats.
- OIM security roles that have access to this report:
- AM Service Center
- TEC Full Functional Read Only
- AM Reports
Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Employee Missing Leave Report
If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a Run Control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you chose) and click the Add button.
If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Ru Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Employee Missing Leave Report. These include:
- From and To Dates (select the time period you are running the reports for)
- Department ID:
- If you wish to search on Unit/Division/Dept/or Sub Department, you can use a % sign at any level. i.e. C% for whole campus or A06% for all of DoIT. (You cannot select A06 from the drop down and get all of that division without the % sign after it).
- EMPLID: only use if searching for missing leave reports for a specific employee.
- HR Status: Select the HR Status that you want the report to run for. Select 'Active' or 'Inactive' to run the report only for the status selected. If you want to run the report for all employees then select 'Both', it will include both active and inactive employees.
- Excel Output: Select this option if you want an additional output in Excel along with the default PDF output.
- When finished entering the parameters, click Run to go to the Process Scheduler page.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, select the check boxes that correspond to the output you want for your report. The options are Missing Leave Report By Dept and Missing Leave Report by EE. The default settings for Type and Format are Web and PDF. When options are selected, click OK. This will return you to the previous page where report parameters were entered.
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click Details if Run Status reads Success and Distribution Status reads Posted. If this is not the case, click the Refresh button until this is corrected. Clicking the Details button will bring you to the Process Detail screen.
Note: If you have run the report by both Employee (EE) and Department (Dept), you will only be able to view each of these if you go into the details section for each report. In the Process Monitor, these will appear as consecutive process instances.
From the Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink. This will bring you to the View Log/Trace screen where you can review the missing leave reports.
Locate the File List and find the PDF or Excel file to view the missing leave report. The report will open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Note: To return to the Process Monitor screen, click the Return button on the View Log/Trace screen and then OK on the Process Detail screen.
Review all employees with missing leave reports and follow up with them as necessary to avoid reduction of leave time, as mentioned in the process consideration section at the top of this document.
a. FA/AS/LI Employees Missing Leave Report by Employee
b. FA/AS/LI Employees Missing Leave Report by Department