Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
UWMSN - JEMS CHRIS-HR - Creating HR Transactions Process Overview
This KnowledgeBase document is intended to provide a high-level overview of how to create and submit an HR Transaction.
If creating a new HR Transaction, go to the JEMS CHRIS-HR main menu. Check the box next to the type of HR Transaction to Create (University Staff/Fixed-Term Vacancy, TE, Update, or Reclass) and then press the ‘New Transaction’ button in the Create an HR Transaction section of the main menu. The Update and Reclass PDs all require an employee id/employee record number for which the HR Transaction will be created.
Note: If an HR Transaction already exists for the entered appointment, the system will copy the latest approved PD to be used as a template for the new PD requested.
|1||Select HR Transaction Type||Start with selecting one of the HR Transaction types (Reallocation no longer used)|
|2||Proceed||Click the New Transaction button|
|3||Complete Page 1 Tab||Enter all of the required information (items in blue and have an asterisk*)|
|4||Complete Page 2 Tab|| Enter all of the required information on page 2.
- if the HR Transaction is a Reclass, a Reclass tab will automatically appear in the list of tabs. Fill out all of the information on the Reclass tab.
- if the HR Transaction is a TE, a TE Applicant tab will automatically appear in the list of tabs. Fill out all of the information on the TE tab. If the applicant already had/or has a position with the university, complete the TE Applicant History tab.
|5||Complete the Goals Activities Tab||Enter in the position description summary, goals, and activities for each goal.|
|6||Complete the Knowledge Skills Tab||Enter in the knowledge and skills required (note - one set of position description summary, goals / activities, and knowledge / skills are needed for each title entered on Page 1 tab.|
|7||Complete the Org Chart Tab||Create the organizations chart (not required for TE appointments).|
|8||Check for errors||Click on the Tools drop-down in the window menu (top of screen) and select 'Error Check Entire HR Transaction'. Review and correct errors indicated.|
|9||Submit HR Transaction||Click on the Actions drop-down in the window menu (top of screen) and click submit. This will send the HR Transaction to the next level for approval.|
|10||History||Users can keep track of the HR Transaction status by clicking on the History tab.|
Related Job Aids
- TRE Toolkit
- How to determine the effective date for a hire
- JEMS PVL and CHRIS Direct Hire Waiver Reason Codes
Related HRS KnowledgeBase Documents
- HR -View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee (KB 29424)
- HR - FTE to Standard Hours Conversion Table (KB 18202)
- PY - Pay Basis Descriptions (KB 29426)
- HR - Empl Class Overview (KB 15813)
- HR - Add Visa Data (KB 16745)
- HR Continuity Status Overview (KB 16903)