This document explains how to find out if your employee's time has been approved or if it still needs approval. If you find yourself unsure as to if you or someone else has approved an employee's time, a good place to check is the Payable Time Detail page.
- There are two MyUW portals, MyUW Madison and MyUW System, which provide all UW employees access to their Personal, Time and Labor, Absence, Payroll, and Benefit information applications (app). Each app displays personalized employee information stored in the Human Resources System (HRS), as well as links to HRS-Self Service modules and Help information.
- UW-Madison: Employees can access the MyUW Madison portal at https://my.wisc.edu/ using their UW-Madison NETID username and password. On the MyUW Madison portal, the Payable Time Detail page can be accessed through the Manager Time and Approval app.
- All UW: Employees can access the MyUW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/ using their UW Institutional ID username and password. On the MyUW System portal, the Payable Time Detail page can be accessed through the Manager Self Service - Time Management link located at the top of the Manager Time and Approval app.
1. Login to HRS via the MyUW Madison or MyUW System portal.
2. Locate the Manager Time and Approval module and click the Manager Self Service - Time Management link.
3. Once in HRS, the path to this page is: Manager Self-Service>Time Management>View Time>Payable Time Detail.
4. You will be taken to a search page where you can search by Group ID, Empl ID, name or other methods. For more on search methods, see: 17347.
5. After choosing a search method, click on Get Employees
The employee(s) will appear in a list below the Select Employee search box.
6. Click on the name of the employee you would like to see details on.
7. The Payable Time Detail page for the specific employee will appear.
8. The Status column will tell you if the time has been "Approved", "Needs Approval", or has been "Taken by Payroll". "Taken by Payroll" means that the time has been approved and has moved on to the next step in the process of paying the employee.
*NOTE: Make sure the Start and End date are set for the correct Time Period you are looking for.
9. Below is an example of some time that "Needs Approval". Also, if you look in the Quantity column, you could possibly see negative numbers. This means that changes were made to the originally submitted time. The negative number is reflecting that you need to approve taking away the faulty original entry. You should also see a positive number for the same day, as in the example below, with a different amount of time (reflecting the change that was made). This is indicating that you also need to approve the change to the original entry of time.
: For more information on approving negative time, see: 18319.
Related KBs:Related Links: