Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Review Benefit Enrollments
Administrators will need to review an employee's health, life, disability, and spending account elections. Historical benefits can be viewed here too. Benefit Administrators can do so through the Health Benefit, Life and AD/D Benefits, Disability Benefits, Savings Plans, Leave Plans, Spending Accounts, and Retirement Plans pages in HRS. For each Plan Type, the benefit elections allow you to determine whether an employee has coverage elected, waived or terminated; Coverage Begin Date, Deduction Begin Date, Election Date, and Dependents, if any. The BN Benefits View security role will provide access to view enrollments.
- Remember to Include History when reviewing enrollments
- Understand the different Plan Types and Plans. Refer to BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid .
- Understand the Coverage Codes. Refer to BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships .
- Understand eligibility and enrollment policy rules for insurance plans. Refer to UWSHR website
Health Benefits Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Health Benefits2. On the search screen, enter the following information. (Note: if you click from one path to the next, HRS will remember the employee's Empl_ID)
Life and AD/D Benefits Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Life and AD/D Benefits
Disability Benefits Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Disability Benefits
Savings Plans Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Savings Plans
Spending Accounts Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Spending Accounts
Retirement Plans Path: Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Retirement Plans
a. In the Empl ID field, enter the employee's unique 8-digit employee ID, if known. (e.g. 00367147). If you do not know the Employee ID number, you can search by First Name and Last Name (e.g. ABRAHAM LINCOLN)
b. Select Include History box. This allows you to view all future, current, and historical information for the employee.
c. Click Search to display results for your search criteria.
3. Each benefits page displays similarly.
Note: The Benefit Program can be viewed in job data. Workforce Administration→Job Information→Job Data→Benefits Program Participation. Please use BN - Review Benefit Program Assignment to view possible Benefit Program changes.
a. A list of Plan Types are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid.
b. Coverage Begin Date = The first date of coverage change.
c. Deduction Begin Date = The date when deductions should take from payroll.
d. Coverage Election = Elect, Waive, or Terminate.
e. Election Date = The date when the enrollment change was processed.
f. A list of Enrollment Codes and Enrollment Reasons are available in BN - Enrollment Code and Enrollment Reason Job Aid.
g. App Received = Paper or Electronic received date of application.
h. A list of Benefit Plans are available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid.
i. A list of Coverage Codes are available in BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships.
j. The Dependent/Beneficiaries section is a list of dependents covered. To make any updates to dependents please refer to BN - Add/Update Dependents .
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
- BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Review Benefit Program Assignment
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid
- BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships
- BN - Enrollment Code and Enrollment Reason Job Aid
- UWSHR website
- Benefit Eligibility
- New Employees
- Family Changes
- Employment Changes
- Benefit Plan Manuals
- Benefit Plan Premiums
- Benefit Application and Form Distribution Chart