Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) and State Group Life Insurance (SGL) requires an Annual Benefit Base Rate (ABBR) for the payroll process to accurately calculate the insurance premiums to charge each payroll. The mismatched ABBR between Employee Records cause insurance premiums to calculate correctly according to the rules for ICI and SGL. Benefit Administrators need to review the employee's job and compensation data and update or correct an ABBR accordingly.
ANNUAL BENEFIT BASE RATE AMOUNTS:
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ABBR_MISMATCH query.
3. A current list of employees whose ICI, SGL, or SGL7 ABBR values do not match between Employee Records will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee also has an ABBR Unrounded error.)
4. Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted. (Please remember to claim all employee rows.)
5. Click the BN_ANNL_BENEF_BASE hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Update ABBR page will be displayed where you will add a new effective dated row and amount or correct an existing effective dated row. Click on the magnifying glass icon to select the ABBR type of ICI, SGL or SGL7 to review current ABBRs. (Note: You will may need to click on the Correct History button to correct an existing effective dated ABBR.)
7. To better review ABBR values on each Employee Record, you will need to navigate to the Review ABBR's pages. Click the "New Window" hyperlink in the top right corner of your screen to open a second window to obtain this data.
8. Navigate to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Review ABBRs and enter the employee's Empl_ID and click Search.9. Select the first Employee Record (0) to review. Navigate through the Employee Records by clicking the Next in List button to compare both the effective dates and the amounts between active Employee Records. The most common reason an employee will appear on this report is because one Employee Record has the most up to date information while another Employee Record was recently rehired containing older ABBR effective dated information. The example below shows an employee with an ICI ABBR of $73,000 on Employee Record 0 with an effective date of 7/1/2016. Employee Record 2 is missing the 7/1/2016 row so the latest dated ABBR is $72,000 as of 2/1/2016. Therefore, Employee Record 2 needs a 7/1/2016 row added with an ABBR amount of $73,000.
10. To add the employee's ABBR, click on your original window or navigate to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Update ABBRs. (Note: this menu item is directly above the display ABBR menu item. If you click directly from the display to the update screen, the system will
12. To verify that you now have the appropriate ABBR amount and date on the Employee Record, navigate back to Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Review ABBRs.