When employees owe the UW more than their last paycheck:
PROCEDURE STEPS:1. Terminate the person in JOB, for more information about terminating a person see: HR - Adding Termination Rows on JOB . Wait for Absence Calc. 2. Navigate to Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > UWS Absences. 3. Enter the EMPLID of the employee that was terminated in the EMPLID field and click the Get Employees button.
4. Click the check box next to the name of the desired employee and click the Absence Balance button.
5. Determine the balances that need a payout or payback by reviewing the current balances. For more information about how to review absence balances see AM - Review Absence Balances .
Absence Balance page with a positive Vacation Absence Type
Note: At this point, it would be advisable to enter the employee's regular time on the timesheet first and submit the time. Once the time is submitted, then you can add the payout or payback in the Absence Request page. Otherwise, the payout/payback take will replace scheduled hours for that day. Alternatively, you can enter the payout/payback take on an unscheduled day. It will be accepted on any day of the pay period. Use caution if using leave time after the payout date.
7. Scroll to the right and hit the "+" button to add a row. Enter the term date in the Event From Date field. The Thru Date will auto populate.
8. Select the correct Absence Take. You should double check the balance vs. the absence take—a positive balance requires a payout and a negative balance requires a payback. Be careful in selecting the correct take because an incorrect take selection may still say "approved" but the payout/payback will not actually process. If you are unsure if you should setup a payout or payback, you may enter one of each. Only the correct one will process through to the paycheck. The incorrect one will not process. Be sure if you enter a payback there are enough dollars to support the take.
For example, if you are paying back overused vacation for someone who has returned from a LOA (Leave of Absence) and you don’t want the whole amount repaid in one check, you would enter the amount you would like to repay for one pay period. Conversely, if you are doing a payout of Banked Leave, and you try to use override hours, it will be ignored because one can’t payout a portion of their Banked Leave.Absence Event page with an Absence Type of Vacation selected since it has a negative balance and requires Payback
9. Click OK to create and approve the payout or payback.
To validate how much HRS calculated should be paid out, you can use Results by Calendar after the absence calc:1. Go to Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence/Payroll Info > Results by Calendar and click in Absence Data
2. If you see the take with a Day Count (paid), it should process. If the Day Count is missing, it likely will not process.
4. Click on Other Data.
5. Verify the amount of the payout based on forecast of paid hours/days.
Absence Event page with an Absence Type of Vacation selected since it has a negative balance and requires Payback