This procedure will walk you through how to run the Absence Management Audit Report and the different outputs of this report. This report is intended to identify situations that may require a review of absence data and potential payout/payback of absence balances and/or absence balance adjustments.
The Absence Management Audit Report (AM Audit Report) identifies 3 scenarios that will occur in HRS and may need review or updates to Absence data based on the scenario.
- Employees with concurrent jobs in different Absence Eligibility groups.
- Employees that have transferred between different Absence Eligibility groups.
- Employees that are rehired with a break in service of greater than 3 days.
Running the Report
This report will be distributed weekly via Cypress, but can also be run ad hoc as follows.
- Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > AM Audit Report
If you have never created a run control:
- Click “Add a New Value” tab and enter a Run Control ID (this can be your initials, or name, or any identifier you choose) and click on Add.
If you have created a run control:
Enter From Date and To Date – these dates represent the dates of entry of the changes (vs. the effective dates of the changes). Each week the report will be run and distributed for entry done in the prior week.
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search OR click Search and choose your Run Control ID.
Type Dept ID in Dept ID field (Leave blank for all departments)
Select one or more of the reports to run: Concurrent Job Report, Break-In-Service or Empl Class Eligibility Report. Generally all of the reports are selected and run together.
Click on the Run button, which will take you to the Process Scheduler Request Page, with the AM Audit Rpt process selected.
- NOTE: If you wish to search on Unit/Division/Department/or Sub Dept., you can use a % sign at any level. i.e. C% for whole campus or A06% for all of DoIT. You cannot select A06 from the drop down and get all of that Division without the % after it.
Once back to the Run Control page, click the Process Monitor link to check the status of the job.
Click on Refresh periodically until the Run Status is Success and the Distribution Status is Posted, click the Details link for the <UWAMR004> or what ever your run control ID was used/processed. The Process Details page will display.
Click on the View Log/Trace link, which will display the output files produced by this job.
Select the .PDF file to view the employees who has potential changes of the data which impact absence balances.
How to Read Report Output:
1. Employees with concurrent jobs in different Absence Eligibility groups:
- If you have employees in this section, you may want to monitor their leave on each job to ensure that the employee isn't over allocated. If you do see issues with the employees allocations, please contact the Service Center.
- The employees will appear in this section as long as they are active in the concurrent jobs.
2. Employees that have transferred between different Absence Eligibility groups:
If you have employees listed in this section, please be sure that any balance transfers have been requested as appropriate. Balance transfers are required for employees moving from Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) to University Staff or University Staff to FA/AS/LI. Or if an employee is moving from FA/AS/LI A-Basis to FA/AS/LI C-Basis they may be eligible for a payout or may need to payback a leave balance. Please contact the Service Center for Absence Balance transfer requests.
Also, ensure that any employees with CJ to CJ job transfers have been paid out or that they have paid back their leave balances from their previous position and that their Adjusted Continuous Service Date is not populated (unless they have had previous permanent service).
- Employees will appear in this section if the transfer was entered in the previous week.
3. Employees that are rehired with a break in service of greater than 3 days:
- If you have employees listed in this section, you will want to review any balances that remained on their previous position and request balance adjustments if necessary.