TL - Review and Approve Exceptions
Time is entered by employees. Time Administration processes nightly to analyze the entered time according to UW rules. Exceptions are created for time which meets specific criteria, such as a punch reporter with a missing OUT punch or a punch reporter with reported hours for a shift greater than 12 hours. This procedure provides steps to review and approve the exceptions.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
This completes the Approve Exceptions procedure. Note: Time Exceptions may also be reviewed and approved through the timesheet.
- To review time exceptions, navigate to Manager Self Service > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Exceptions. Supervisors and managers will access this page through the My UW or MyUW System portal.
- On the Manage Exceptions page, to get a list of employees who have timesheet exceptions, click Get Employees; or enter Group ID, EmplID, Last Name/First Name, Business Unit, Job Code, Department, or Workgroup, then Get Employees. For an overview of employee search options, please refer to user procedure TL - Employee Search Options .
- Exceptions will be listed for the specific employee or all the employees within the parameter.
- To limit the exceptions to a specific time period or employee, click Filter Options.
- Within the Filter Options, enter the data you want to filter. For example, using the Date filter allows you to see exceptions for a time period. Change the Date filter option to "between." Using the "between" option allows you to enter a date range.
- Click OK.
- If there are exceptions for the date or period, exceptions for the date or time period are listed.
- An overview of time exceptions which may occur is listed in Time and Labor Exceptions.xls. Use this overview if an exception requires further analysis.
- Review the listed exceptions.
- If the exceptions do not require further investigation, they may be allowed.
- Click the open box(es) under the Allow column, or click the Select All button.
NOTE: Review all "HIGH" severity exceptions, if the exception can be allowed, to determine whether the exception should actually be allowed.
- Click Save.
- The Save Confirmation page is presented, confirming the Save was successful.
- Click OK.
- You are returned to the Manage Exceptions page. Note: Some allowable exceptions require that Time Admin be re-run to create the payable time (high severity).