This report identifies Employees currently elected in High Deductible Health Plan, but not elected in Health Savings Account. HSA participation is a prerequisite for HDHP election. This must be corrected by either removing the HDHP election, or creating an HSA election for the correct timeframe. All corresponding deductions should also be reconciled.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix. Use TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard for additional guidance.
2. Click on the UW_BN_HDHP_NO_HSA query hyperlink in the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED).
3. A current list of employees who are enrolled into High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and missing a Health Savings Account (HSA) enrollment will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
4. Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the person you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the FSA_BENEFITS hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Spending Accounts enrollment pages will be displayed. Click on the arrow button to navigate to Plan Type 67, Health Savings Account.
7. You will need to navigate to the employee's Health Benefits enrollment pages to obtain the date when they enrolled into HDHP. Click the "New Window" hyperlink in the top right corner of your screen to open a second window to obtain this data.
8. Navigate to Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Health Benefits and enter the employee's Empl_ID and click Search.
9. On the Enroll in Health benefits page, determine the Coverage Begin Date for the HDHP enrollment.
10. Create an FSA Event or reprocess an existing FSA or ADM Event for the same Event Date as HDHP enrollment to add the HSA coverage. An HSA application must be received within 30
days of the Qualifying Event (60 days in the event of a birth) to supplement the HDHP coverage.
Warning! If an employee is still enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan with no enrollment in a Health Savings Account beyond 30 days (60 days for birth) of a Qualifying Event or their Date of Hire, the UWSC will remove the HDHP enrollment. The Benefit Administrator at the institution will receive a communication if this occurs.