Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
Updating FLSA Threshold Exemption Field in HRS
OverviewThis field is to be used if it is determined that the FLSA Exemption Status is correct of Exempt is correct and the employee is exempt from FLSA regulations due to their primary job being exempt due to doctor, teacher, lawyer.
- If employee has multiple active jobs all FLSA Statuses need to be reviewed. Determining the FLSA Status should be based off the primary job for the employee. One way to determine the primary job is the Benefits Primary indicator. Once the primary job is determined, then all other active job records MUST have the same FLSA Status.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Navigate to Job Data: WorkForce Administration > Job Information> Job Data
- Enter in EMPLID and EMPL Record
- Insert a row with the proper effective date
- Action = "Data Change"
- Reason ="Job Data Update Misc"
- Select the UW Custom tab
- Under Additional section, use the drop down in the FLSA Threshold Exemption field to update as appropriate. Below are the options available:
- Academic Administrator
- Camp Counselor
- Not Subject to FLSA
- *Multiple Jobs - this is not a valid option if the employee only has 1 active job in HRS
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.